Friday, August 7, 2009

It's been a while...

Took quite a vacation from writing since my first post. Guess I need time to recuperate. Heavy work...

Recent Events:

This week, Rhett left for OSU for some pre-semester acclimating. Lots to do I guess. I'd have done the same. I'm glad he's experienced college life like I wanted my sons to. As I'm sure he'd tell you, it's an experience that cannot be replaced, and in so many ways. I'm proud of many things in Rhett. He's very honest and trusworthy. He's the kind of young man I wish I had been at his age. He tries to do well at all he puts his hand to. But I think, as much as that, the thing I admire him for is his lack of fear. He isn't afraid of, or intimidated by, anything, and he's always been that way. I think those genes skipped a generation and flowed from my father. I have no concern about his succes in life. He's very social, serious, and life is important to him. It's important to him that he lead an honorable life. He's appreciative of what he's been given. I couldn't be prouder of him than I am now, regardless of the path he chooses in life. I can't wait to see what he does with his life. I know he'll contribute to this life and our world will be better off with his life.

Ryan, as well, left for Ada this week. He's been given a second chance at a life he enjoys. Got his stuff straight, his educational goals, and will probably be the punter for the ECU Tigers this year. Ryan is such a likeable young man, and his personality will improve his lot in life because of his easy nature. He, like few, has the physical skills to become a professional athlete. The only question is, as it is for the majority of those with the skills, is whether the goal is worth the sacrifice. Time will tell. If he doesn't, it means only that his desires lie elsewhere, which is just fine. We all have to find out. I hope he enjoys his time there, regardless of where he ultimately takes his life, and I hope above all, that he gets his degree and finds what it is he wants to do in life. Ryan is pretty simple, really. And that is a great way to approach life. Finding pleasure in the simple things in life. That advice comes from his grandmother, who I have to add, is one of the nicest, most pleasant people on earth, and I don't exert any bias. She's one in a million. Just like her stepmother Opal. I learned simplicity from both. We'll have fun this year going to games again, and Jenny and I are looking forward to the fun.

Well, I haven't written about the lovely Jenny (my wonderful bride), Corbin or Chad. Plenty to say there as well, but it's late and I've got a full day tomorrow, so I'll suspend operations for the night and continue again soon. Hopefully, not too long before I continue. Until next time...

Curt

1 comment:

  1. Just one of the things I love about you most! Your writing ability!

    ReplyDelete